After starting on my Indian 741 Bobber project over a year ago, I have finally finished. The bike turned out better than I could have dreamed. I spent many long weekends in my garage, but the hard work has paid off. At the bottom, I’ve attached some pics of the project shortly after I started mocking the bike together. It has come a long way. My son Karson takes the first ride on the completed 741 Bobber 🙂
It’s been almost one year since I started on this project and it is nearly complete. I got some minor motor adjustments to make, magneto to rebuild, and send the exhaust out for chrome plating. All and all, it is essentially done. I think Dad, Granddad, and brother like the bike too! They all look pretty proud in these photos.
Mocking up this bike and making all the sheet metal fit up properly is starting to pay off in a big way. The bike is going together nicely (for once). I’m satisfied with the progress to date, EXCEPT FOR THE HEADLAMP. I don’t like the mounts for the headlamp. The light sets up way too tall. I’ll have to find different mount or make something.
As you can see, I’ve decided to paint the frame red. I believe this color is going to make the bike stand out and give it that custom look I was going for.
I’ve finally finished fitting all the sheet metal and chassie parts. The bike is starting to look good. I’m going to blast down the frame, spray the primer and start painting here the next month or two.
As many of you readers know, the great thing (or not so great) about a custom bike is that nothing fits and you have to modify/make most of you parts. So far, the bike is progressing very slowly and I’m starting to fit, refit, refit and fit up my sheet metal.
When all else fails… get you Chief out and go for a quick spin. That will make you feel better.